Nothing like an impromptu New Years Eve Party

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Entropia 2015-12-31 17-23-07-00.png

Here's how it all went down about 3 or 4 hours before show time!
  • Dark Moon gets email from Anhithe and chat ensues.
  • Anhithe - "Kendra says we should have a New Years Eve Party, what do you think?"
  • Dark Moon - "I say let's do it. I'll contact Shade to see if he can whip up a graphic for a forum thread."
  • Anhithe - "That's great, I'll go do some decorating in the Hub."
  • Dark Moon - "That would be cool."
  • Anhithe - "Should I turn the music stream on now, or later?"
  • Dark Moon - "Oh, turn it on now so that anyone going into the Hub will wonder what's up."
  • Anhithe - "Ok, I'll do that."
  • Dark Moon sends PM to Shade at forum and asks if he can do a Monria NYE graphic.
  • Shade said he didn't have much time but would try to pull something together.
  • Dark Moon gives Shade her email and patiently waits.
  • Shade comes through and we have a Monria New Years Eve graphic for the forum thread.
  • Dark Moon creates Monria New Years Eve Party thread at forum and sends link to Anhithe.
  • Dark Moon gets email from Anhithe and another chat ensues.
  • Anhithe - "Got the link for the party thread at the forum and blitzed social media."
  • Dark Moon - "You're so good at that stuff, and it doesn't surprise me."
  • Anhithe - "I got someone to live stream it on Twitch." -- Twitch.tv/antimitus
  • Dark Moon - "Oh that's great, who is it?"
  • Anhithe - "I don't know, some guy who was live streaming something else and I asked him."
  • Dark Moon - "So you don't know this guy and you just invaded his live stream?"
  • Anhithe - "Yup, asked if he'd stream the party and it seems a free ride to Monria did it."
  • Dark Moon - "You're amazing. So I guess you're off to pick the guy up then?"
  • Anhithe - "Yup, and a few more on other planets who want to come to the party."
  • Dark Moon - "Looks like your social media blitzing did the trick."
  • Anhithe - "Oh, I also hit the ad terminals, so that should have helped too."
  • Dark Moon - "OMG, I see how it's going to be, LOL. Let's make it happen, and keep up."
So, there you have it. The inner workings of the Moon Manager when it's time to get our fun on, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm not the CFO (Chief Fun Officer) for nothin' so when the boss lights a fire, there's nothing to do but fan the flames. Although, he looks like he can handle his own inferno quite nicely.

Entropia 2015-12-31 18-16-45-55.png

During the course of the party, there were contests and a snowball fight. If you look closely at the bottom left of the first graphic in this thread, you'll see that Anhithe put snowballs all around the stage, and I think there were 50 snowballs in each grouping. I didn't capture the snowball fight because I was having too much fun, but managed to knock a few heads (no names ---> Sholle, Anhithe, and others), but also got a good smacking myself.

There was one contest for the best dressed, and that winner would walk away with a Monria apartment. Anhithe had asked Kendra and I to judge the contest, but we found it quite difficult because there could have been many winners. We finally agreed on one.

AND THE WINNER IS

Entropia 2015-12-31 18-45-34-07.png

There was another contest where Anhithe had hidden 3 items either in the caves or the craters, and each person who found one of the items giving the coordinates and turning the item into me would win a Monria apartment. He gave clues in Monria Chat while everyone was out on the treasure hunt, and the comments were nothing less than entertaining, because people seemed to be hitting their heads against the rock walls.

I wish I had been quick enough to capture the clues given, but the items were:

• Item # 1: holographic rotating medical guy
  • Item # 2: silver Knight in shiny armor
  • Item # 3: a red heart pillow
Everyone got to keep the item they found, and most likely the first item they put in their apartment as a reminder of how they won it. Although the treasure hunt was causing some a headache, it didn't help that Anhithe was a bit foggy on exactly where he hid everything. Cthulhu at work again.

While all of this was going on, I think it was Nabu and/or Terra who were herding Yogs in the caves, so thought I would head out there to see if I could capture some snapshots or video footage.

HERE IS THE RESULT

Entropia 2015-12-31 19-49-03-16.png

Entropia 2015-12-31 19-50-34-74.png

Entropia 2015-12-31 19-51-11-77.png

Entropia 2015-12-31 19-53-20-30.png

I actually think that it was Cthulhu at work and the one who sent me on a wild Yog chase. I wouldn't put it past him and his dark and twisted stealth invasions. There have been some strange things going on, and one way or another, I'm going to get to the bottom of it. Never underestimate the powers of a Dark Moon.

In the meantime, the hidden treasures were being found, and apartments were being won, so I had to track down the winners in order to hand over the keys to their new pads. In the haste of it all, I neglected to get a photo of each of the three winners, so I owe them that when we can arrange it.

Here are the treasure hunt winners of a Monria apartment:

• Sidekick069 -- found the holographic rotating medical guy
  • E8ty2nd -- found the Knight in shiny armor
  • Mac (TKoE member -missed full name) -- found the heart pillow
Congratulations to all the winners, and thumbs up for your perseverance during the treasure hunt.

After the party-going crowd started to thin out more, there were only four of us left and something really strange happened. Again, I am convinced that it's the workings of Cthulhu. Anhithe had an ancient snable pet who either got into the spiked punch, or it was on its last leg. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Entropia 2015-12-31 23-34-14-28.png

All in all, it was a grand party, and we were grateful that so many joined us in our end-of-year celebration. Despite the warp speed in the beginning while pulling it all together, we were able to relax, have a lot of fun, and feel really happy that we have such a wonderful Monria community. We're just getting started.

The live stream was going during the filming, and Beyonce's "Put a Ring on It"
was playing. Perhaps quite appropriate since many get engaged on New Years Eve.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
FROM YOUR DEDICATED MONRIA TEAM

toecutter

Looks like you guys had a blast! also I must add, very impressive to fix all this, with such short notice! Wtg Team Monria! *twothumbsup* :D

Sholle Von Cartiz

I had so mucj FUN!!!
love the whole story behind the scene, DME you are doing grate job and we all had and will have fun!

once again, GZ to Terra she really looks awesome... how can guy compete with her ^^ .. well shame Zan was not there :p
and GZ to all apartman WINNERS! My sincere congrats to all 3 lucky and hard working mates :)

P.S. to Anhithe < I put decoration back on wall ^^ hehehe

Daughter of Anarchy

Bah... looked like a totally awesome party... the only thing I don't like about it is that I was not there - hahaha. :)

Seriously though, amazing job with organizing it. :)

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Great Party :)

Reminded me of when I started playing years ago so much fun and life around :)

new years eve on Monria 6.jpg

Sadly I didn't get any pictures of the snowball fight either I was too busy throwing them :)

Come on 2016 I can't wait to see what a year it's going to be

Thanks DM "Chief fun officer" :D:D:D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Nice snapshot Kendra, glad you had fun. :D

And with regard to organizing this party, it all started with you saying we needed to have one, and then the snowball collected momentum from there. It was truly a team effort. I can't wait to see what we do with the next 2 coming up. :p

Izz

This was actually the beginning of my Monria Lunar-cy. :locoMy soc leader told me about it and I said to myself "Self...don't go...nothing ever happens on the Moon" :rolleyes: then I said to my self "Self...there might be some hotties there...you should go" and I did and there was and very intelligent hotties they were. :aok then I said to my self "Self you should stick around here and you might learn something" o_O So I stuck around, bought an apartment and guess what...I learned that this is a great place and I like it here. :thumbsupOh, there were some guys at the party too lol:D

Top Bottom