One step at a time. One punch at a time. One round at a time | Update 6

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
break-c.png

Anhithe-PU-6.png

break-c.png
Ahem, no boxing emoji @Dark Moon Enigma...

:boxing:round2

Yes I did just quote a Rocky movie but I think it's a quote that reflects how we're approaching our moon. Whether it is marketing, development or our community initiatives, we are genuinely trying to make small incremental steps towards achieving our goals. Our goal is to grow Monria with the community at the heart of everything we do. We want Monria to be a fun place to be where our Lunartics grow with us.

Sometimes during this process I feel a little like the Italian Stallion, not when he was going toe to toe with wrestlers or knocking out a Russian giant but perhaps his meat punching days when Apollo first gave him his shot at the title.

But we are making progress, one step at a time.....

Here's the update:

Development

I was a little disappointed in my last update on our progress here but I'm pleased to say we now have content imminent! This won't be in the VU tomorrow but in a patch shortly after. Patches are normally about a week after a Version Update so I hope we won't have to wait too long. There were a couple of tweaks left to do so we couldn't quite make this release but all the hard work is done and there's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

There will be a few small fixes in tomorrow's release but there are a couple of things that we don't have yet that I feel it is only right that I address.

Fixes for the Signs on the shops in Cthylla towers

This one I'm particularly embarrassed about and I really appreciate the patience shown by our shop owners. It is being worked on but it won't be in this release, I am hoping however that we won't have to wait too long to get this resolved.

The Missing Chapters Mission

I feel like I've gone 20 rounds with this! I am in continuous discussions and have made my suggestions but there hasn't been any agreement reached as of yet. I will continue trying to get this re-balanced. My thoughts are that the reward doesn't reflect the effort involved in completing the mission. I don't want to promise anything that I can't deliver but I am trying to to get the reward re-balanced and the mission reset.

Marketing

In the last update we had doubled the amount of Monrian Born sign ups since the beginning of the year (Jan-May) and I had set the target to double it again. We've already achieved that and we've seen 183% increase in Signups from Jan-August. We still have a long way to go however I'm pleased with the increase over the summer months.

Facebook

Another goal from my last update was to reach 4k likes by year end and we are currently at 4959 likes which means our facebook page has more likes than any of the planet pages. We still continue to get sign ups through our facebook page and my hope is that in the long term facebook will be a great vehicle for creating awareness and keeping our community informed.

I've also created a personal facebook account for Anhithe so feel to connect:

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde | Facebook

We even have a Monria public group set up so we can share information or pictures of Ant and the bobbleheads :p

You can join our group here

Gamercon

I'm pleased to announce that I've booked a stall at Gamercon in Dublin next year to coincide with our St Patrick's Day event (Paddy's weekend). We have zero experience with this but are looking forward to telling people about Monria, getting feedback from gamers and streaming our events and parade live. If anyone is planning on going be sure to stop by and say hello, unless of course you are too busy participating in the event, or perhaps running it.... :p

So start planning for the St Patrick's Day parade early before the price of green paint goes through the roof like it did last time...

Community Engagement

One person who deserves a special mention is @OberonNightSeer who epitomizes both Community and Initiative. Everything he does is out of his own pocket and simply to give enjoyment to others. He's a credit to the wizarding fraternity.

Thanks to @Gatekeeper our sweat buying program is another successful initiative and I now have so much sweat that I can finally start my own Mind Essence business!

Plans going forward:
  • Monria Radio Station - We want to build our own Radio Station, it's on the todo list
  • Flights expansion - I would like to extend our flight schedule to RT at some point in the future, main challenge being generic fuses and I haven't actually asked the pilots yet. I think it would support our shopkeepers and traders as well as giving Monrian's another destination to explore
  • We will be adding a new and exciting event format in the near future
Conclusion

Overall I'm pleased with our progress over the summer and I'm delighted that we've been able to get some development finally done. My next focus will be working on future content and I have some ideas I'm currently running with but I encourage everyone to put any suggestions in this thread. It's a long process for me to plan a release and not everything is possible but I do read your suggestions so please put your ideas down. It might never happen but equally it might mysteriously end up in a release some day.

Thanks as always

That's all folks
Ant

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Too bad the stuff is not coming in this VU tomorrow. If there are any bugs, they could possibly get fixed in the inevitable patch that comes out a week or three later. Given they are putting your stuff out in the patch, hmm, I sure hope it all goes well.

Generic Fuses? Where do you get those at? Loot or crafted. I could possibly craft them for you and since they are for the space ship program Id just sell them to you for cost of mats.

RT would definitely be an awesome spot, he's really changed stuff there and it appears bringing life back to the place. Possibly you could get a deal going with ND for some sort of partnership on warps, or an 'event' or something? RT is so close it'd be really a boon for both places if you and them could partner somehow. Maybe make a huge circus cannon or a gigantic amp like in the movie back to the future where it 'booms' you into outerspace and to monria for 7 ped and back too. Like the TP to Caly but to RT instead?

sluggo

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Cosmic horrors, hmm perhaps we could do a repair skill run / fuse run one day and get some. If we got a few gunners lined up I think we'd be safe from pirates and their girl friends the cosmic whores :)

sluggo

OberonNightSeer

Monria Wizard
I want to give a Moon sized thanks to Ant who gives me the freedom to do what I luvs to do. I hope people enjoy it as much as I enjoy creating aerials. I get my Ninja ATHs when I see and hear everyone's reactions.

What is Magic?
It is one Wizard's work getting unleashed because of an Ant with wild wonders in his heart!

We'll have more special times together soon! :grouphug

Thanks!

-Obie-
:ninja:ninja:ninja

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I want to give a Moon sized thanks to Ant who gives me the freedom to do what I luvs to do. I hope people enjoy it as much as I enjoy creating aerials. I get my Ninja ATHs when I see and hear everyone's reactions.

What is Magic?
It is one Wizard's work getting unleashed because of an Ant with wild wonders in his heart!

We'll have more special times together soon! :groupdance

latest
Thanks!

-Obie-

What's cool too is, Ant and Kendra get to be our testers, and especially this last time with the obstacle course which was crazy fun. We got to be entertained by the comments in the private event chat channel. Ant is quite animated, while I think Kendra has a challenge getting beyond OMG.

I want to thank you too because I not only know how creative you are, but also how much time it has taken you to work on any one of your creations. It's fun working on these projects with you because it brings an additional elevated level of fun to our events. You certainly contribute a uniqueness to activities on the Moon, but then ...

We're known for being different ... :D

WangXiang

Bringing along the Moon with me
Shop Owner
Platinum Sponsor
Hey Wang, what mob gives them and how rare are they?
I have not been trying to collect Generic Fuse for a long time. When I did, it was looted from Cosmic Horror (space), Pop Dragon (Rocktropia), Trooper (Calypso) and Portal Guardian (Next Island) among others. Generic Fuse seems to have become rarer in the last months (its price has increased a lot).

Maximus Cashicus

What is Magic?

We'll have more special times together soon! :groupdance

latest
Thanks!

-Obie-

Obie you are one special wizard, sorry I missed the assault course, sounds like it was great!

Top Bottom