Mystery Shopper!

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I really have no idea where to put this thread but I'm sure @Dark Moon Enigma will fix that for me like she does all of us....

I find it really quite difficult to assess the new player experience, as when you've been in EU for years it's difficult to recreate that initial experience. I try to talk to people and get feedback where I can and have done my own research but it's not quite the same as getting Qualitative feedback from someone you know and trust.

So I have a really close friend and someone I do business with who wanted to see what all this crazy moon business was about and I directed him toward Monria so he could sign up. I asked him to not let the community know that he's a friend and I didn't give him any advice as I wanted honest feedback on Monria. Being the kind of guy who doesn't pull any punches I knew I would get it so I thought I would share with everyone the feedback I received.

First his profile, he is extremely intelligent, has played plenty of MMO's before but had never heard of Entropia Universe. He is happy to spend money on his entertainment and is an adult of questionable maturity (in case he has made his way to the forum :p).

Random Impressions:
  • He was surprised the graphics were so good and wasn't expecting that.
  • One of the first things he said was that it is a great and very welcoming community and that he quickly felt a part of things.
  • He was quickly nabbed by one of our Mentors and got some great advice and has followed it for the most part.
  • He lost a bunch of stuff as he put it in the storage in Thule (the starter area) and didn't realize storage was not connected, had to be explained how to go get it back.
  • Found it was a bit expensive (I intervened at this point and explained that the stuff you loot can be sold either to TT or to other players for MU). He's a hoarder and ignored this so probably has a load of ped in items.
  • Quickly jumped on some research and felt he needed to increase his health.
  • Wanted to try crafting but couldn't get resources to do it.
  • Monria needs more missions
  • Ended up on Caly through the TP system but got back to Monria through the free flight program and then ended up on the repair run Captained by Strike. Got completely lost in Yamato (I do too) and had fun running from repair point to repair point trying to ensure she didn't explode.
  • Met DME very quickly and thought she was really nice and welcoming (she gets to keep her job)
  • Bought a few things that it wasn't clear to him he didn't have the skills or tools to use (TP chip, higher level sword, etc).
  • Received the Monria starter kit and was motivated to complete the first phase.
  • Had lots of encouragement from his mentor, even being told to slow down (means the mentor is not just after the gift)
  • Enjoyed the music (yep I left AHR streaming while I was away)
  • No interest in eco hunting just wanted to go have fun
  • Was taken to the sweat circle and tried sweating (boring as hell would rather deposit and shoot stuff)
  • Felt like such a noob as there is a steep learning curve, wanted to tier items up to progress etc.
  • Went back to Caly to get some missions and thought it was huge.
  • Enjoyed mining but no idea what to do with the stuff he found.
  • Those level 12 shogs hit you by surpise
  • Wanted to be able to take on the Yogs as they were pretty uber
  • "Helicopters, that's cool, I want one"
That's all that springs to mind after just a few days in game. Overall I would say a very positive experience from someone who has played plenty of MMO's, and the greatest thing to me is that the community made such a great impression and he received support really quickly and was welcomed with open arms.

He is currently away travelling on business and bitching to me because he cannot log in to finish his discipleship and wondering where he can find a gaming internet cafe......

Ant

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thank you for letting me keep my job. :thumbsup

I created a
new section for you in the Monria Moon Manager category called --> Let's Talk Moon

This new section will be for Moon Manager topics for discussion and feedback.

I have moved this thread to its proper location. This should be an interesting discussion.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Im glad he is enjoying himself here. Slowing down, yes that's a difficult one to get people to realize, they get so absorbed in the world that the want to rush and do everything at once, you try to tell them it's more fun and probably better on their wallet to take their time.

If he is wanting to get into crafting, and this goes for anyone, I have a ton of the basic prints in my shop, they are listed at plus one because that's the minimum t he mechanics let me but anyone wanting prints, walk up to me in game and all the basic ones Ill sell to you dirt cheap, much less than a ped each that's for sure!

When he gets back I think he really would love to check out Arkadia as well.
As for crafting, im working on some QR EP I prints here so i can get some up with some qr on them so the noobs don't get slammed so badly up front trying to learn crafting with them. I fogot how long it takes to 100 a print ugh!

sluggo

John Strike X3

In most game in about month of hardcore playing and if you know what u doing you can get to really high levels. This is not case here, this game is really long term game.

Practice makes it perfect :) Yes Yamato is huge, and best way to learn about repair points is to jump around between them.
Glad he found it fun :)

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
That's a really positive first look at Monria and entropia in general

I understand the wanting to deposit and have fun. It's a game or a hobby, the last thing you want to do is run around and try to scrimp and save like real life, so as far as I'm concerned that's okay :D.

However, it is lovely that on Monria if you can't afford to throw money at it you can still have fun.

Woulfear Runt

No, just an anonymous player giving feedback from the frontlines. Another friendly observation, could we get an in game directory of the various stores/shops locations. Ran up and down both towers looking. It was fun but a little tiring. Just my 2 cents worth. Luv the moon, keep up the good work.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
No, just an anonymous player giving feedback from the frontlines. Another friendly observation, could we get an in game directory of the various stores/shops locations. Ran up and down both towers looking. It was fun but a little tiring. Just my 2 cents worth. Luv the moon, keep up the good work.

The Shop Owners each have their own dedicated sub-forum here, and are really good about listing their inventory so that everyone can see what they have in stock. However, having a directory, perhaps at the Main Crater, of where shops are might be helpful as well.

Even though all shops are either at the Monria Hub on the 2nd and 3rd floors, or the 9th floor of each apartment tower, there are a few who sell from their apartments with shopkeepers, and they too have their own dedicated sub-section here at the forum and good about keeping up with their inventory lists.

Glad you're enjoying the Moon. :)

Maximus Cashicus

Woulfear, if u are looking for something in particular often if u ask in chat, there's usually a good chance somebody will know of where to get what you want.

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Out of curiosity, did Monria get anything out of this last VU they did?

sluggo

Top Bottom