MNAT Tutorial # 4 | Sweating

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Sorry, it double posted for some reason, and I can't find out how to delete the second post

I fixed it for you ... what happens is the forum goes through nightly maintenance, and during that time your post will hang and it looks like it's not posting, when in fact it posted. You're probably hitting the "post reply" button a second time, which will of course do the second post.

SachemUrsa

Skills from Sweating

Data taken from:

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Activity

Sweat Gather

Skill____________Skill Effect

Intelligence______2

Psyche__________5

Courage_________3

Concentration____10

Sweat Gatherer___80

Evade / Dodge

Skill____________Skill Effect

Agility__________8

Combat Reflexes__11 / 10

Combat Sense____6

Avoidance_______7

Evade __________25

Alertness________5

Athletics________14 / 12

Courage_________7

Intuition_________3

Quickness_______9

Serendipity______5

I also believed Bravado was also affected by sweating, but will have to confirm. As Evade and Dodge has been well researched, if Bravado is involved, the skill gain would be due solely to Sweat Gathering

SachemUrsa

With solo sweating and swunting, skill gain is much faster than circle sweating when it comes to evade/dodge skills.

If I am solo sweating a Yog, and a group of 5 are sweating the same type of Yog, I will get hit 5 times as much, but gain evade skills 5 times as fast. This rapid skill gain, is why some like me prefer sweating alone, and I have done so since day one.

However for a new player, solo sweating is no easy task because of the damage a player takes. Finding the right mobs to sweat at low level is essential.

Mobs that hit for little damage, like the weakest Soggoth, the Shapeshifter, is a good place to start, but healing will be needed until some skills are gained.

How fast the Mob attacks also matters. At first slower attacking mobs like the Carabuck and Gallard are good choices, but once some skills are gained, faster attacking mobs that are low damage as well are best for farther skill gain, like the Arctic Wolves in Hunt the Thing.

When sweating for Dodge skills, I have not found as many options, The Bank Robber on RT and the Bristlehog Pup on Caly come to mind, but non-sweatable mobs like robots are best to start with.

Solo sweating and swunting is not for everyone, it is boring and time consuming. However it is good for building evade/dodge skills, and slowing the rate of PED spent while hunting.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
HEADS UP ... I edited the first post to make it more relevant, and added the information for the Yogs Burrow. If you should engage in conversation about sweating with anyone, especially our new Monrian Borns, please direct them to this post so that they have a clearer understanding about sweating on Monria.

Thank You :)

Panther

Nice guide DME :thumbsup

It might be beneficial to add to it what happens with regards to looted items in a swunt circle (ie sold and split evenly between those actively killing the mob).

There was also some recent confusion about what happens if there is a global. Some societies split globals on a society hunt evenly, but in a swunting circle this should still be based on damage dealt as normal?
And just in case a chapter is looted, how would you advise dealing with that? I was thinking to be most fair maybe we can give it to you to give out as a prize at an event?

Thanks again :purpleheart

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Teaming is unique with a few variables, and the general rule has been that teams discuss and agree upon what would work best for them based on those variables.

More often than not, teams are set up with loot split based on damage dealt, and any items worth 50 ped or more get sold and the proceeds split evenly between all team members. However, one of those variables that comes into play is the damage dealt factor, and teams that I have been involved with, especially on our field trips with MBs, we try to equal out the damage dealt by the weapons we use.

On field trips for example, where we team hunt with MBs, I generally bring low level weapons to hand out to the team members so that we are all using the same weapon. At that point, we are usually killing lower level mobs to make it easier for the MBs, and it's a lot more fun. When we give them the experience of hunting higher level mobs, higher damage weapons are used by some and we protect the MBs as much as possible and give them the opportunity to do some shooting without getting killed.

When it comes to a sweat circle and teaming, since you are working with MBs mostly, I would do the same ... try to get as equal with damage as possible so the loot is distributed more fairly. When it comes to items, I might lower the value the item needs to be in order to sell and distribute the proceeds equally among the sweat circle members.

As far as looting a chapter goes ... my suggestion would be that the person who loots it should be able to keep it. Just make sure that everyone has the mission from Pinthas just in case.

I will do more updating to this tutorial to perhaps help in this respect to give more clarity.

Thanks for the feedback.

hans

As far as looting a chapter goes ... my suggestion would be that the person who loots it should be able to keep it
Chapters are generally not tradeable for the mission so it typically only has value for the person who gets it.
Can anyone in a group use it if it was looted in a group?
It would be even better if MA gave everyone in the group the chapter if it is given as loot. That would lead to a lot of group hunting.

Panther

Chapters are generally not tradeable for the mission so it typically only has value for the person who gets it.
It would be even better if MA gave everyone in the group the chapter if it is given as loot. That would lead to a lot of group hunting.
Ah... I haven’t looted a chapter yet so I didn’t know. Thanks :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member

I meant to include that in what I wrote hans, but it slipped my mind, sorry. Even though the chapters are tradable, it only has value to the person who looted it, because it would not count for anyone else's mission if traded. Each player has to loot their own chapters in order for the mission to update.

Also, each person has to work the mission themselves and loot their own chapters. To give everyone in a team group the chapter looted by one person is not something that MA would even entertain, because missions don't work that way. :)

I'm going to add a specific Monria Missions section to the forum for all of our missions, it's been on my to do list, it's just a matter of time to getting back to it. I completed the 11 beginner missions and have data for the others before we added the new missions, so at some point in time they will all be added to one section.

Nakor

When sweating for Dodge skills, I have not found as many options, The Bank Robber on RT and the Bristlehog Pup on Caly come to mind, but non-sweatable mobs like robots are best to start with.

Dire weeds on Cyrene are good to sweat for Dodge skills.

RT's favoritte mobs for sweating (and Evade skilling) are Forum trolls (50/200 hp) and Haters (300 hp)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
The first post has been updated with the most current information.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
MNAT Tutorial #4 - Sweating has been updated.

Top Bottom