Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
This is not the kind of message I wanted to share with the community, but I had a very frightening experience today ... I was at my computer when I heard a really loud knock at my door ... I asked who it was and a man was yelling at me to get out of the apt ... I normally just run around in a shirt, but said that I had to put pants on ... he was still pounding on the door and telling me to get out ... I had NO clue what was going on.

I quick put my pants on, grabbed my phone and my purse and headed to the door, he was still pounding and yelling. When I opened up the door, I could see smoke coming out of my next door neighbor's apartment ... I am on the first floor ... that's when the adrenaline kicked in and all sorts of things ran through my mind.

How the HELL was I going to buy sweat from our Monrian Borns if this goes South. :purpleheart

I actually DID think about how I was going to function if this situation had been worse than it was, and I actually thought about all of you and what the future was going to look like ... all of this flashed through my mind (along with a lot of other stuff) while I was being yelled at, asked to move my car (I have a reserved spot right in front of the doorway), and ...

When I tried to move my car, as asked by one person, they had already started laying down hoses from the firetrucks and I ran over one. :aok

The fire department guy and the guy who told me to move my car were now arguing and I was told to STOP, get out of my car and they would move it out of the way. Talk about hyper adrenaline ... I wanted to go all batsh*t crazy on their asses because I didn't need any more stress, then quickly thought ... that won't help. :D

:soapbox

Finally, a few complex maintenance guys helped to get me to a place away from all the action and even found a chair and a bottle of water for me. The fire chief came over to check on me, and then fire rescue hooked me up to their equipment, making me look wired like a video game. They checked out my vitals, and naturally they were out of whack ... I have NO clue how they can think it would be anything different. I STILL haven't stopped shaking.

They monitored my blood pressure, my pulse, checked to make sure my lungs were clear, did an EKG ... no charge, that was the best part ... they were cute too. :p

They stayed with me until I calmed down a bit and monitored all my vitals ... I didn't mind, it was good to have company ... they even sat me in the shade ... very considerate. I put my meditation skills into play so that I could at least get myself a bit more calm ... I tuned everything out until one of the fire rescue guys started talking ... don't they know not to interrupt a person when they're meditating. :no He just wanted to tell me that everything was settling down, but they still kept me plugged into their equipment.

At the end of it all ... they were able to contain the fire quick, and there was minimal smoke damage to my place and no water damage except a little puddle of water at the front door. They made an assessment of my apartment and said it was ok for me to return to it. They aired it out, but also set up fans to run all night, or for a couple of days. I have my windows and patio door open right now, but will close the patio door later when I go to bed, which I doubt I will because I'm too wired right now ... purple matter is on overload.

The Red Cross came by to check things out to make sure breathing was ok, and another Red Cross worker is coming by to take a report and see if I need anything. I don't think she would understand PEDs.

I also wanted to say that I don't know what my day will be like on Wednesday, and not sure I will be logging into the game. I need a bit of time to settle myself and de-stress. I hope you will understand.

As far as buying sweat, if I don't manage to make it into the game on Wednesday, I will buy for 2 days, just those who have been consistent selling sweat to me every day, I keep data for Ant, so I know who they are.

For now I am out ... I am ok, but will check the forum ... I can also check Discord from my phone as well, so we'll see how this goes.

Take care of each other because tomorrow is not guaranteed.

ShadowDragonV

Volunteer Mentor
VS Media Team
VCAT Co-Founder
VCAT Team Member
Oh geez DME what a scary experience!! I'm glad that the fire was put out quickly and you were looked after and everything is okay! Take some time to relax and de-stress after all that.

BIG HUGS!! :bighug:purpleheart

Kingu

Volunteer Mentor
VCAT Team Member
Thats one scary ride :/ Glad you are well and safe at least DME <3 You take the time needed to get back to normal pulse and relax before thinking of the game :) I know that will be hard but you need some YOU time now :)

Stay safe and take good care until

warm hugs :)

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
WoW DM Really!!!! it's so typical of you to think of your MB's when the world is topsy turvy :ninja2
That must have been a terrifying experience
please look after yourself, and try to get some rest you must be exhausted:bighug :purpleheart

VeNgeNcE

Glad to hear you are ok after that experience. Take your time and come back when you are ready. Monria will keep on ticking even with a few days off for de-stressing.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thank you for your posts, it's appreciated ... and as a quick update ... not much sleep last night, and the water extraction team is already on duty and making lots of noise.

A bit of the water seeped under the common wall I share with my neighbor, and part of my carpet is wet, but they are going to clean that up too.

Other than being exhausted, I'm doing ok. A husband/wife team from the Red Cross paid a visit about 9pm last night to check up on me and do a report. They offered a variety of services if I needed them, but it's nothing I need. They also gave me a $125 prepaid Red Cross Client debit card to help with other needs. Bless the Red Cross. She was also retired Army. An incredibly special couple. Someone will be coming back in a day or so to check in on me again.

Since the work will be going on all day, and I'm sure more after that, I probably won't be in the game today. I'll see how things go and whether I'll be able to tomorrow.

I'll keep you updated ... I love this community.

Avum AL

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Monrian Born Ambassador
Wow what a day for you it must have been. Glad it worked out eventually. Hopefully your neighboors are also in good shape. Take all the time you need, rest well and get well soon :)

Leent

Yamato Pilot
VCAT Team Member
Oh my gosh!
I hope that you and your neighbors will be alright

And.. we love you too, DME. Take care!

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
The extraction team is now in my apartment. They're cleaning up the carpet and also cleaning out the ducks ... no, I don't have ducks. :p

They're cleaning out the ventilating system. They actually do that now and then and it smells good for quite a long time.

When these guys are done with all of this, I might try to take a nap ... LOL ... I say things like that to psyche myself out into thinking it would be a good thing to do ... but I know how that game plan works and it never works. :D

I will do another update as the day progresses.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
BTW ... I used the word "ducks" intentionally instead of "ducts" ... when I go through a bit of trauma or super-sized stress, I use humor to cope. I did the same thing in 2011 when I went through my cancer and 25 radiation treatments. I documented everything in a thread at the Entropia Planets forum because I was working on the EntropiaTimes magazine with them at the time.

I'm not one for sympathy, so I do my best to keep everyone's spirits up through the experience with humor as they come along for the ride to support my ordeal. I have never found more amazing people in my life than I have in Entropia Universe from around the world.

I just want people to have fun and be in good spirits. We all have our moments, and the Entropia Universe community has always been there for me. It's times like this you often learn more about who's who.

I have to share that when I texted my brother in Colorado about the extraction team being here, he said his first thought was that I had lost it ... meaning they came to take me away. Ya, humor runs in the family, it's in the DNA Barcode. It's the brother who introduced me to PE/EU the end of March in 2005, and I joined on his birthday, April 2nd, so 15 years ago. He only played a few years.

The extraction team is done now and I have 2 turbo fans going, and a big-ass humidifier with a small tube running to my bathroom sink for when the humidifier collects enough water and needs to pee. :D. They'll be back on Friday.

So I get to listen to all this noise and try to sleep. I'll have to pretend that it's a new soundscape I discovered on my clock radio, but we all know how that game plan works ... it doesn't. :rolleyes

Going to have a late breakfast and catch up on news. Be back later.

Craftmeister

Also from me all the best wishes to you DME, glad you are ok. :thumbsup
Experiences like this just make us stronger and gives us a couple of stories to tell the grandkids :p.
Looking forward to seeing you on deck again,
cheers
CM

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Know the tune, just not sure what to make of the reference. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.