Run the caves they said.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Intro
I was inspired by Kendra's thread that she posted the other day about her mining adventure, complete with snapshots and a nice little story. I decided to create a section at the forum where we can all post about our Monria adventures. This will be a sort of testament if you will, to the fun we're having on the Moon.

Keeping in line with Kendra's format to tell her story with snapshots, I followed suit, but I was able at one point to capture a little video footage when Monria's Luckycharm showed up to help with the goal of capturing the Monria Cave Teleporters. (video at end of story)

So Let's Get Started
I had a little time after working on some Monria projects, so I thought I would take the advice of a few Monrians and run the caves to collect the teleporters. They said the first two would probably be ok for me as a new player, but beyond that it might get challenging.

Cave 1 Teleporter already shows on the map, so this was a good start.

Cave1TunnelTP.jpg

I managed to get to the Cave 2 Teleporter without an issue, and managed to take out a few Shoggoth along the way. With the first part of the goal accomplished, I'm feeling good about the progress, and was ready to do my run to the next teleporter.

Cave2TunnelTP.jpg

Advancing to the Cave 3 Teleporter was much more of a challenge because higher level Cultists creatures started showing up. It said Level 7, and I thought, no problem. I couldn't have been more wrong. As a noobie, they had a field day with me, and my healing equipment just wasn't fast enough to give me a break.

That's when Sluggo showed up out of nowhere, but then, I was keeping an account of my adventure on the Monria Chat Channel, so the whole Moon knew just how noob I was. :rolleyes: I think Sluggo's quickness to rescue a damsel in distress may have been impulsive, because he ran out of ammo rather quickly. He used a sword for a bit, but then suddenly disappeared.

I don't recall whether this was before Jamie showed up to help as we moved toward the third teleporter, or after. I'm beginning to sense that those caves have a mystery about them that play with your sensibility. There's an eerie presence that I just can't put my finger on, but in that moment, I was determined to master the running of the caves and the collecting of all teleporters.

I just know that despite the challenges, the third teleporter was captured, and it was now time to make my way to the fourth teleporter.

Cave3TunnelTP.jpg

I'm posting proof of capturing the teleporters because I'm beginning to think that I can't trust my own memory of what I do in those caves based on this experience and not being able to get the sequence of events quite right. However, there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that seeking out the fourth teleporter comes with major hurdles, and after Jamie and I died a couple of times, we were beginning to think that this was not going to be possible without help. Angel said in chat that she would help, but she was on another planet and wouldn't get to Monria until later.

This might sound a bit weird maybe, but I'm getting the impression that there's a silent entity watching over all activities on Monria, and the vibrations of such sends out subliminal signals that motivate a sort of call to action. What else would it be when magically, Monria's Luckycharm shows up to lead the cave run for the rest of the teleporters. No Monria Chat Channel talk, no private message, no rainbows, no nothing, just shows up out of the mist and ready to get the job done.

Luckycharm.png

I recognized the name from a shop in the Cthylla Tower on the 9th floor. Very nice shop by the way. I managed to grab a few things. Kendra isn't the only one who can shop. :D

Back to running the caves. Luckycharm was exactly what we needed to complete our mission to capture the cave teleporters. Jamie stayed with us until we got to the fourth teleporter, but then I think it was at that point, or a little after, that he had to leave. If I recall correctly, and I seem to be having a bit of a challenge with that, teleporter 3 to 4 was basically Cultists. I wish I had thought about capturing snapshots of the activity between 1 and 3, but I was a bit slow on the uptake.

LuckycharmCultists-3.jpg

LuckycharmCultists-1.jpg

Jaimie and I pretty much witnessed an annihilation of all intruding creatures during our cave run between teleporter 3 and 4, and got to see the cave creatures up close. Sometimes too close perhaps, but then Luckycharm was there to make sure we survived.

LuckycharmShub-2.jpg

LuckycharmShub-3.jpg

After Jaimie left, I learned that there was yet another cave teleporter to capture. The big Shub Cave. This was truly the defining moment of this adventure, because I was able to not only accomplish my mission beyond what I had even expected, I was also able to experience more of the unique environment that is Monria.

Since the level of the creatures in the Shub Cave are much higher, Luckycharm said it was time for armor. I felt I was in for a treat, and I wasn't disappointed.

LuckycharmShub-4.jpg

LuckycharmShub-5.jpg

After capturing the fifth teleporter in the Shub Cave, and witnessing the continued creature annihilation by Luckycharm, it was time to reflect and appreciate the reward of such an adventure.

My thanks to Sluggo, Jaimie, and especially Luckycharm for the much needed assist in accomplishing my mission to successfully run the caves and capture the teleporters. It was my first official adventure on Monria, and I can say with great enthusiasm that it won't be my last. And of course, thanks to Kendra for the inspiration to get creative with my own stories. I hope others in the community do the same.

As I mentioned, I managed to capture a little video footage along the way, and thought I would add my first video as well. I'm posting it in this thread because it goes with the story, rather than in the Player Experience - Videos section. I had so much fun doing this, I'm looking forward to time in between my Monria Projects to do more.

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
Nice Story DM:)
I thought I was so uber to get the 4th TP by dying half was between 3 and 4

I didnt even know there was a 5th:eek:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Nice Story DM:)
I thought I was so uber to get the 4th TP by dying half was between 3 and 4

I didnt even know there was a 5th:eek:

Thanks Kendra, I really had a lot of fun doing this after being inspired by your story. :)

I didn't know there was a fifth either, until Luckycharm mentioned it while we were running the caves. What an awesome place that big Shub Cave area is, just amazing (and eerie). We definitely need to get you there. Maybe we can engage Luckycharm or some other uber to get involved.

Hey, maybe we can make some kind of event out of Running the Caves. I'll have to give that some thought. :D

See what you unleashed with the inspiration from your story. :p

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
With my current level, you should call it, Running to your graves hehe.

sluggo

Well, my level definitely required some assistance, and I'm very glad that Luckycharm showed up out of the Magical Monria Moon Mist. :D

WangXiang

Bringing along the Moon with me
Shop Owner
Platinum Sponsor
During your trip in the caves have you met some of the rare creatures, such as Persecutor of Abyss, Proselyte of Shut'thend, Sectator of Shut'thend, Shub Permagonia the Abandoned, Tempest the Eradicator, Castrantias the Void, Shub-Niggurath...?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
During your trip in the caves have you met some of the rare creatures, such as Persecutor of Abyss, Proselyte of Shut'thend, Sectator of Shut'thend, Shub Permagonia the Abandoned, Tempest the Eradicator, Castrantias the Void, Shub-Niggurath...?

Um, no. :eek:
Are these new adventures where I can get more snapshots and video footage? :D
Are you volunteering. :p

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Have a look in the "hunting" section of this forum. I have taken snapshots for some of them :)

I had a look, and now that I've seen those, I know that while I was in the Shub Cave with Luckycharm, we encountered up to Level 50 Shubs, but Luckycharm said that she hadn't seen any higher.

Looking at that section though inspired me to restructure it so that we actually have a Monria Creatures section. :)

WangXiang

Bringing along the Moon with me
Shop Owner
Platinum Sponsor
You probably encountered Shub-Niggurath, a L50 creature that occurs every 12 hours (? I think).

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
You probably encountered Shub-Niggurath, a L50 creature that occurs every 12 hours (? I think).

That's possible, but now I don't recall whether Luckycharm was just telling me that she hasn't seen any Shub higher than level 50, or that we actually encountered one.

I was too much in the moment and enjoying the experience while getting snapshots and a bit of video footage to pay that much attention to details. Perhaps next time around I'll do that. :)

Top Bottom