West Crater Cultist Event

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
WCCE-Banner.png

First I must say, that prep work in order to put the event banner together was exhausting. Shade and I pulled an all nighter painting the event title on the West Crater mountainside. We had a few close calls, not only with repelling and climbing on the ropes as much as we had to, but we were also being watched by the Cultists, and they got seriously close. They seemed to cluster in some areas, as if meeting to devise an attack plan, but then, curiously enough, they moved away. I can see where event planning is a serious business.

RallyTheCult.jpg LowerMembersOfCult.jpg

This is a Single Player Event -- No Teaming
HUNTING RULES:
  • Cultist hunting must be within the designated hunting zone West of the West Crater TP
  • coordinates are --> 35972, 18441, 40
  • to the South of the coordinates are Levels 7-11, and to the North is Level 36
  • it's close enough to the TP should anyone end up at the revive
  • take a screen shot of each of your Globals and HoFs
  • post only your highest single loot in this thread
  • the date on your screen shot must reflect --> January 23, 2016
  • the time on your screen shot cannot be later than 23:00 EU time on January 23, 2016
  • any screen shot posted that does not fall within the rules will be disqualified - no exceptions
  • the top two highest single loots will win a Monria apartment
MINING RULES:
  • miners can utilize the entire West Crater
  • take a screen shot of each of your Maladrite and Zoldenite Globals and HoFs
  • post only your highest single loot from each unique Monria resource
  • the date on your screen shot must reflect --> January 23, 2016
  • the time on your screen shot cannot be later than 23:00 EU time on January 23, 2016
  • any screen shot posted that does not fall within the rules will be disqualified - no exceptions
  • the highest single loot from both Maladrite and Zoldenite will win a Monria apartment
SIDE BENEFIT:
ADDITIONAL PRIZES:
  • there's an off chance that additional prizes will be given based on the mood of the main moon man
  • he's known for impromptu contests such as treasure hunts, but he needs to ramp up on clue giving
  • I may be in a philanthropic mood myself, and decide that something is impressive enough for reward
  • there's still a mystery in play based on this fan fiction story, and there may be a clue to be found
  • make sure to be tuned into the #Monria chat channel so you don't miss a thing
DELIVERING PRIZES:
  • the event is on Saturday January 23rd -begins at 20:00 EU time and ends at 23:00 EU time
  • screen shots must be posted in this event thread no later than 23:59 EU time on January 24th
  • any screen shots after that time will be disqualified - no exceptions
  • make sure that all required information is included to qualify
  • the winners will be announced in this thread and contacted by me (DME) via forum PM
  • prizes will be awarded beginning Monday, January 25th
  • all prizes won during any impromptu event contests will be given out during the event
It's possible that we may be able to determine some winners during the event, but posting of highest single loot Globals and HoFs is required in order to qualify for the official part of the event and the prizes, so be mindful of the timing requirement to get them posted so you don't miss out.

All of our events are expressly created for the loyal and dedicated Monrian community that has joined us in less than two months after taking over the Moon, especially in partnership toward building a community-centric environment that will elevate the Monria experience to a greater degree of satsifaction. However, anyone in the universe is welcome to join in on our fun, because we are definitely about the fun.

BREAKING NEWS:

I just got word from the field that the Cultists are assembling in larger groups and discussing their plan of defense for our invasion on Saturday. They must be in a secret location, because the Cultists have yet to be seen by the general public in these larger groups. I hope we're going to have enough backup to thwart their attempts.

There is strange behavior going on, and it's all suspect, because I have recently learned that there is a level of increased bizarre occurrences with Monrian citizens that requires a closer look. Let's hope for the best.

SEE YOU ON SATURDAY

:D :D :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Shade is also working on a Client Loader banner at Anhithe's request, so we'll be putting that up as well.

I have already hit up my personal social media accounts, and I'm sure when Anhithe is available and sees this is done, he will do the same.

Daughter of Anarchy

While it is definitely not an event I could have any chance to participate in (I can't kill even one of the lowest level ones), I have to say that this sounds like a great event and I totally love everything on it... starting with the banner and ending with the prizes which are just "OMG"... so good luck to everyone participating and may the best one win! :) I will probably come too, even if just for cheering you up, so if anyone wants a personal healer, just let me know. :p

Also, for people who can't take printscreens (is a known issue in windows 7/10 systems running in full screen) and for who EL automate function also returns just blank screen, here's a free program that works without issues: www.fraps.com

Good Job DME. I will make all efforts to be present. I will be running my tracker so hopefully that can help 'verify' globals and hofs as well.

sluggo

MONRIA GANG - Q FOR YOU AT BOTTOM:

Aye, this sounds like an blast.. I will do my best to attend also. I'm sure you are aware of Entropia Life tracker, as Sluggo has mentioned here.. it is a great program! Just be sure to put your TEAM NAME in the settings area that has a line for "capture gloabal from others" or something like that. Regardless of what is typed in that box, it should autosave your own solo globals & HOFs.

For the miners, checck out LBML app tool which is also an awesome program for EU - http://www.mininglog.com/maps.php.

Are you guys, the Moonercrats and Moonercans, looking into configuring your own tracking for players such as Big Industries, EntropiaLife and LBML do? Perhaps you could even have one of them configure and host such a system tailored for Monria.

-Treb

Steveyneo

Great event, I hope to be there!

Just to clarify that includes both mining and hunting for the entire day of Saturday 23rd January but no later than 23:00 EU time?

Sorry I haven't read the post properly lol.

I see it starts at 20:00 EU so will be there from this time.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
MONRIA GANG - Q FOR YOU AT BOTTOM:

Aye, this sounds like an blast.. I will do my best to attend also. I'm sure you are aware of Entropia Life tracker, as Sluggo has mentioned here.. it is a great program! Just be sure to put your TEAM NAME in the settings area that has a line for "capture gloabal from others" or something like that. Regardless of what is typed in that box, it should autosave your own solo globals & HOFs.

For the miners, checck out LBML app tool which is also an awesome program for EU - http://www.mininglog.com/maps.php.

Are you guys, the Moonercrats and Moonercans, looking into configuring your own tracking for players such as Big Industries, EntropiaLife and LBML do? Perhaps you could even have one of them configure and host such a system tailored for Monria.

-Treb

Thanks for your feedback Treb, it's appreciated. We are aware of Entropia Life Tracker, and I think Anhithe might at some time have a chat with them about setting something up. I'm not too clear on that though, so he'll have to give the definitive response to that particular topic.

We are also aware of the Little Big Mining Log (LBML), and one of our Community Advisers uses it and has created a great Monria resources map for the Monria Wiki that you can access at the top of the forum on the left.

As far as a catchy name for us Monrians, I think perhaps we're more known as the Mooners. :p

On another note -- you had mentioned teaming with regard to Entropia Life, and I'm not sure if you meant that in general, or were referring to this Saturday's event. This particular event is a Single Player Event, and teaming is not allowed, especially due to the prizes being given out. However, we may have events in the future where we have PED prizes, and in that case, teaming would be allowed, because the Team Captain would get the prize to distribute.

I added --> This is a Single Player Event -- No Teaming <-- right above where the rules are posted so that there won't be any confusion. I have plenty of ideas for events going forward, so I'm sure there will be something for everyone.

See you on Saturday if you can make it -- see where a little Yogging can get you. :D

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Looks like an awesome event with great prizes! I really hope to make it! Getting an apartment on Monria would be sweet, especially as it makes you eligible for the Monria Free Space Travel Program...very generous! Also great work with the event banner peeps! keep up the good job! Cheers! :D

Thanks TC -- and with regard to the apartments, I just wanted to make it known that we won't be putting any apartments on auction, but rather use them as prizes for our events and rewards for other activities and/or player contributions. So the only way to get one, would be to attend one of our events.

However, someone could decide to sell their apartment, but then they would also lose the side benefit of the Monria Free Space Travel Program. At some point, we will be expanding the current free flight schedule to include more days. I'm not sure someone would want to give up their apartment and the free flight benefit, but it's always possible. :)

Thanks for you feedback Treb, it's appreciated. We are aware of Entropia Life Tracker, and I think Anhithe might at some time have a chat with them about setting something up. I'm not too clear on that though, so he'll have to give the definitive response to that particular topic.

We are also aware of the Little Big Mining Log (LBML), and one of our Community Advisers uses it and has created a great Monria resources map for the Monria Wiki that you can access at the top of the forum on the left.

As far as a catchy name for us Monrians, I think perhaps we're more known as the Mooners. :p

On another note -- you had mentioned teaming with regard to Entropia Life, and I'm not sure if you meant that in general, or were referring to this Saturday's event. This particular event is a Single Player Event, and teaming is not allowed, especially due to the prizes being given out. However, we may have events in the future where we have PED prizes, and in that case, teaming would be allowed, because the Team Captain would get the prize to distribute.

I added --> This is a Single Player Event -- No Teaming <-- right above where the rules are posted so that there won't be any confusion. I have plenty of ideas for events going forward, so I'm sure there will be something for everyone.

See you on Saturday if you can make it -- see where a little Yogging can get you. :D

Sorry for any confusion.. I only mentioned the team name setting in EL Tracker because I've had several people originally confused (including myself) about what that setting was for due to the way it is worded in the app ;) There's nothing regarding the use of that app that would interfere with the event.. if anything, like Sluggo suggested earlier, it may help by doing automatic screenshots of your globals/HOFs.. just make sure it's configured properly by carefully following there installation instructions or some features may not work.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Sorry for any confusion.. I only mentioned the team name setting in EL Tracker because I've had several people originally confused (including myself) about what that setting was for due to the way it is worded in the app ;) There's nothing regarding the use of that app that would interfere with the event.. if anything, like Sluggo suggested earlier, it may help by doing automatic screenshots of your globals/HOFs.. just make sure it's configured properly by carefully following there installation instructions or some features may not work.

Thank you for your response Treb.

I'll direct Anhithe's attention to this thread and your information and suggestions. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Sounds great, can we enter both the hunting and mining if we want?

Absolutely, the more activity and involved our participants are, the more fun it becomes.

It's an event, and a competition, so have at it. I want to give away these apartments. :D

And welcome to the Monria forum. I love that more people are showing up, and as a result, we are going to work even harder to make sure that there's enough fun to go around for everyone. I have to live up to being CFO. :p

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I will be there!

Hello Michael, I see that you are our latest new member, so welcome to the Monria forum and the Moon. :)

Looking forward to seeing you and several others who have shown an interest in this event. We like to shake it up a bit with the native creatures, especially when they have something to hide. :D

Hello Michael, I see that you are our latest new member, so welcome to the Monria forum and the Moon. :)

Looking forward to seeing you and several others who have shown an interest in this event. We like to shake it up a bit with the native creatures, especially when they have something to hide. :D

I plan on living on Monria for a few months so this event may make my stay more comfortable ;). We'll just have to see if the loot is with me on Saturday. I plan on dropping a few probes while slaying the lower level Cultists. At least this hunting event is realistic. Some of those Caly LA events are tough. I wish everyone luck and hope that profits are abundant for all!

Top Bottom