Not Your Ordinary Moon Day

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
It was Sunday morning and I had every intention of working on my Progress Update 7, but I was still thinking about the very impressive efforts by Noz the day before to bring me some Cultists for company while I excavated a Maladrite claim mountainside in the West Crater. I put the challenge out and Noz jumped on it. After all, there was a big-ass Riptor statue up for grabs. I expected a few, but 18? :eek:

Noz won the Riptor statue and Necropolice got himself a cool 50 ped just for making it to the location and doing some healing. So, Sunday morning, weighing my options and still feeling the thrill of the Cultie invasion, I decided I was more in a random mood than being calculated about my progress update.

Here's how it all went down:

• First Event
  • I hid two 50 ped stacks of Weapon Cells Ammo, and two 50 ped stacks of BLP Ammo
  • -----> I placed them in the hill and rock formation area just North of the Main Crater
  • Second Event
  • I put the challenge out to bring me a group of Yogs mountainside in the South Crater
  • -----> I was excavating another claim mountainside and wanted company (I made them work for it)
  • -----> 1st to arrive (100 ped) -- 2nd to arrive (50 ped) -- 3rd to arrive (50 ped)
  • -----> the perseverance by the others to reach the location was valiant and they received 25 ped
  • -----> I was surprised that there were so many picking up the challenge -- it was awesome
  • -----> 1st Prize | Raine -- 2nd Prize | Hov -- 3rd Prize | DH
  • Third Event
  • I snuck off to Cave 2 and hid some things for a treasure hunt
  • -----> 10 Herman ARK-0 weapons
  • -----> 2 Modec VXT 100 weapons
  • -----> 5 or 6 stacks of 20 ped each
  • I think DH was using a vacuum because he pretty much cleaned up the most
  • Fourth Event
  • I was on a roll and wanted to keep the momentum going, so I organized some chaos in the Shoggy pit
  • we have an awesome Monria Event Support Team and I gathered as many of them together as I could
  • I even added a few new team members and got them all into the Event Chat channel
  • it was basically a replay of our last event with synchronized Pumpkin Head spawning
  • the event team did a fantastic job of keeping everyone engaged for over an hour -- WAY fun
We ended up back at the Main Crater by the TP for a dance party, but that was a blindside because some of the event support team unleashed some more Pumpkin Head chaos.

There was something cool that came out of all the chaos though, which was a new Monria Team Motto thanks to Akane. I had asked in chat what our motto was and no one came up with it, which has always been "Expect the Unexpected." Well, Akane elevated that to --> Have Fun & Expect the Unexpected <-- so she got herself a cool 50 ped for the expanded motto contribution. I made it a contest. :D

I think by the time all of the activities were over, everyone was pretty much exhausted, and all of this took place before I had to perform my Sunday Yamato ship duties for our travel schedule. When that was over, I absolutely needed a nap myself, it was a frenetic day, but massive fun.

I'm going to do my best to pull together the Monria Chat from the course of all the event activity, because if you know anything about our Moon community, you know that our chats are pretty wonky, but it will also give you an idea of how everything unfolded and how much fun everyone had.

In the meantime -- I've put together a video of the Yog and Pumpkin events.

I really, really enjoy showcasing our community and how much fun we have. I only wish I could do this kind of stuff more frequently. I wouldn't even consider showing you my work agenda because it has too many bullet points, but I wouldn't change what I'm doing for anything in the universe.

I did this stuff for 8-1/2 years and showcased it, and now I get to do it on a grander scale for the Moon.

I really love this community. Thank you for giving me the support you do. :)

Kendra

Virtualsense Staff
Staff member
Official Moon Shopper
Virtualsense Media Team
you're a blast DM :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Our crazy weekend was picked up for the Entropia News FB posting this week -- they add something every week to their Entropia News FB posting. Let's see what next week brings. :D

Entropia Universe
3 hrs -- posted 3 hrs ago
Entropia News:

Monrians had a fun-packed Sunday crammed with wacky events:
http://www.monria.com/…/th…/not-your-ordinary-moon-day.3546/

In a bizarre ‘Pied-Piper-style’ event Avatars were asked to attract groups of Cultists to South Crater, the winner being Avatar “Noz Deadmanwalking Du” who brought 18 of the menacing mobs — earning him a Riptor Statue! There was also some pumpkin mayhem in the Shog patch at Main Crater and treasure hunts for ammo, PED and weapons:
Wow what a day

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Great, but who reported it, somebody there or watching the chat channel do you think?

We have a secret leprachaun feeding the EU News guy. :D

Nah, I think Ant feeds the EU News guy, but the EU News guy is also tuned in because there's generally something happening on the Moon, and the activity will be picking up, so we'll keep him reporting. :)

Top Bottom