Loot Increase Message in the CUHOF Seem to Work

ArmBlue

Previously, it was felt that the loot increase message appearing in CUHOF instances did not work, I got two messages recently which did seem to work and I feel a difference really.

In one case, I looted two tinctures which had not happened before as far as I recall.

Mungo Baobob

Shop Owner
it's common knowledge this msg is hold over from previous systems and has no actual effect, any luck you received during a lucky run...was just luck

ArmBlue

These days, got 2 messages, received luck in both, despite the several messages before

Waiting to see the outcome for the third ... and I hope to share here ...

Mungo Baobob

Shop Owner
I've seen the msg hundreds of times...and yeah a few times I got lucky that run as well...but the numbers (across the playerbase) show its just random. but I mean, if you got that shopkeeper in a lucky msg run...nobody will ever change your mind lol.

and that's what makes it dynamic!

ArmBlue

The thing is it was both of my last messages, and in one of them it was the only time that I recall I looted two tinctures together, I thought maybe there was a relevant recent debugging.

We can share the message results from now on, I am waiting to see the outcome for the third.

Mungo Baobob

Shop Owner
ahh tincture is not really that lucky imo. they drop fairly regularly. compared to like pages, armor, and apparently shopkeepers.

Mungo Baobob

Shop Owner
a few, especially if you count 2 different tincs and or team members looting them. have not found 2 taqwa, in 1 instance, but assume it's statisticaly possible.

ArmBlue

The third message was received about less than an hour ago, it was not like the other two and the loot seemed to be bad.

It seems that it increases the chance you have, but it may mean your chance may still be in the bad side even with that help, so the effect may not be obvious.

ArmBlue

no...it has no effect on loot received, what your experiencing is, apophenia.

I just said that I did not "feel" an increase in chance given the result after the third message.

What I do feel is: when developers show a message there will most probably be some code/numbers taking care of it, but the effect may not be obvious. That you do not feel it does not necessarily mean it does not exist.

Mungo Baobob

Shop Owner
I just said that I did not "feel" an increase in chance given the result after the third message.

What I do feel is: when developers show a message there will most probably be some code/numbers taking care of it, but the effect may not beThat you do not feel it does not necessarily mean it does not exist.

What I do feel is: when developers show a message there will most probably be some code/numbers taking care of it, but the effect may not be obvious. That you do not feel it does not necessarily mean it does not exist.

and as I previously said, it USED to mean something under the old system. and the COMMUNITY via extensive testing has determined it no longer has any affect. this is not my personal view, this has been tested for a very long time across multiple avatars, and may even have been commented on by officials, I can't be bothered to do the research again...

your statistical size count 3 instances or even 300 would not really be enough to prove a theory either way...however everyone tracking thier runs, gives a pretty good indication that this msg no longer means anything at all..

however as with all things luck based, information and statistics have little to do with perception and belief..

to be fair, you found a shop keeper (first ever in years of cuhof running avatars) that's as lucky as you could ever hope to be...

why would 2 tinctures matter at this point...

ArmBlue

and as I previously said, it USED to mean something under the old system. and the COMMUNITY via extensive testing has determined it no longer has any affect. this is not my personal view, this has been tested for a very long time across multiple avatars, and may even have been commented on by officials, I can't be bothered to do the research again...

your statistical size count 3 instances or even 300 would not really be enough to prove a theory either way...however everyone tracking thier runs, gives a pretty good indication that this msg no longer means anything at all..

however as with all things luck based, information and statistics have little to do with perception and belief..

to be fair, you found a shop keeper (first ever in years of cuhof running avatars) that's as lucky as you could ever hope to be...

why would 2 tinctures matter at this point...

You seem to not read well, maybe you read fast.

1. I said I had done instances and DID NOT FEEL it was an effective message (many instances).
2. I said in the LAST TWO I FELT it was (question happens: bug fixed? "chance increase" increased?).
3. I was waiting for the third message (after the two, not third of all) and then I said I DO NOT FEEL it given the third.
4. Then I said: that "we do not feel it" does not mean "it does not exist", how many runs should you do to say IT DOES NOT EVEN INCREASE 3 PERCENT CHANCE OF LOOTING X ITEMS? (say: Armor)
5. Given the information I have, we do not know whether there is effect or not. It may be a small increase in chance to loot X and you would need careful tracking of many many runs (if the thing - such as the good armor - drops one in 100, and there is 3 percent more chance for it with a message, you need to record tens of thousands of runs).

In that scenario, three percent more chance for an armor with MU of over 200 peds means the message is worth over 6 peds somehow in average.

(last time I looted the armor in CUHOF, sold it with MU of about 230 peds)

Last edited:
Top Bottom